Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sticking Around

Last year Joe and I thought about closing out our time with NMSI at the end of 2012.  It would make a total of 3 years which is typically considered one term, and I was really feeling ready to go 'home'.  But as 2011 came to a close and 2012 began, it became more and more prevalent to us that if we left before finding replacements for our respective positions, we would both be leaving large holes in our departments.


Even though I only work for 2 office hours a day, the role I fill is something that would add far too much work to the other members of Organizational Systems in Human Resources if I left.  It doesn't seem to me like I do a whole lot but it is a lot to add on top of everything else my team members do.


Joe would leave an especially large hole if he left.  In our last newsletter you would have seen the quote from our CFO Susan Caple that includes the line "The whole mission is in a better place because of what Joe does in the Finance Department!"  While the other members of the finance team all have the experience of working in a Finance Department of an organization, Joe brings his formal education as well as his organizational skills and a realistic viewpoint.  He has brought MANY changes to the Finance Department as well as how it interacts with the other departments at the CGO.  I think Susan would be lost without him at this point.


However, it has been made clear to both of us that 2013 will be our last year at the CGO.  Please be praying with us about replacements for both Joe and I to come in in time to go though Orientation, finish support raising, and get back to the CGO before we leave.  We would like them to arrive before we leave in order to give us time to train them on the job.


We thank you so much for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment