Sunday, March 28, 2010

Skillet and Toby Mac-Awake Tonight Tour

On Friday, Joe and I had the chance to go with some co-workers to the Skillet and Toby Mac Awake Tonight tour concert at Germain Arena here in Ft. Myers. We got seats for free by helping a local christian radio station hang up promo posters. I took a couple of pictures and a lot of video. Instead of telling you just how AWESOME this concert was, I thought I'd share a tiny little glimpse into it. The quality of these videos isn't the greatest but this is as good as I could get it. It's better than nothing. So make some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy!

The opening act was a band called House of Heroes. They weren't bad but Joe and I thought it could have been better.

Skillet opened with the first song on their latest album, Hero.


Once those flames shot up in the air the crowd went nuts! I don't think I will ever be able to hear that song without thinking of huge columns of flame!

Of course we couldn't pass up the chance to share Monster with you.


And what's Monster without the growl?


Toby shocked the audience by starting out on a small stage at the opposite end of the arena. This is his opening song as he sang back and forth with John Cooper from Skillet.


At one point Toby let the audience take over.


This video goes out to my friends Rachel and Jeremy. It's Toby with 'Made to Love'


I just loved the 'living room' set.


Then Toby just had to do a rendition of 'Pants on the Ground'. I only got the last couple of seconds.


It was a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment