Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In the home stretch!


This is a week for benchmarks!

Tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of when we pulled into the drive of our new home and began our lives here in Ft. Myers, Florida! We were new and had to learn what our roles in the office would be, we had a new house we needed to unpack, and we had no idea how long we would be here. One year later, we are well established into our rolls and very much enjoy our work, we now consider our house (and yes even Florida) a home...we still have no idea how long we'll be here, but now that's okay. :)

Also this week marks the first week of my 9th month of pregnancy! Sometime in the next month we will meet our little baby face-to-face! We are very excited, anxious, and a tad bit nervous. We are excited and ready to be parents, yet what first time mother or father doesn't question their ability to be a good parent? Will I know what to do? Babies are so tiny, how will I hold him/her without doing any harm? Will I really know what each cry, whimper, and squeal means?

I am comforted when I read verses about children in God's word. He ALWAYS has only good things to say about children and those who have them. He even uses child bearing to show His blessings! Abraham lived for God and He blessed Abraham with children that equaled the number of stars in the sky. Christ has a special place for children: "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 19:14).

My one desire for this child is that he or she grows up to be completely Christ's! I may bring him/her into this physical world, but he or she belongs to Christ and for His Glory! I am excited to see what God has in mind for this little one! These days I pray daily to remind myself that I have completely handed this child over to the service of Christ. That does not mean he or she will have a great and painless life; but I pray that he/she will have a much closer relationship with God than Joe or I have and that God will bless him/her. I ask that you pray these things with me as well! I want my children to know the awesomeness of God. Prayer for this would be the greatest gift any of you could give us right now.

"Anyone who causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea." Mark 9:42

No comments:

Post a Comment