Friday, February 4, 2011

BABY STUFF!

I felt quite silly today when I received a package from Amazon. It was not that I had received a package (though that alone is enough to make me giddy). It was what I found inside that package. I had not ordered anything so I was very excited to see what somebody had sent me from my Amazon baby registry. Once I opened it, I gasped in delight to see the Breastflow Bottle starter set I had added to the registry. I was pretty happy just to add these to my registry, then to have somebody actually get them for me made me so much more ecstatic! I am very excited to use these...or rather have Joe and others use them. :D

These are bottles that I have found come the closest to mimicking real breasts. So switching from breast to bottle and back is not as difficult for the baby. For those who may not know, it is easier for a baby to nurse from a bottle than from a breast. So sometimes when a baby gets used to a bottle, it is much harder for that baby to come back to the breast because he/she has to work harder to get the milk. But these bottles are designed in a way to make the two experiences very similar, making switching easier. So now Joe and others can feed our baby, expressed breast milk with these bottles, giving me a break, but it will not make it difficult for me to take him/her back to the breast when it's my turn!

Wow! Where am I in life that baby bottles representing real breasts get me this excited! :D
The entire Kit: 2-5oz. bottles, 2-9oz. bottles, 4-lids, 4-caps, 1-snack holder

A De-constructed, 5oz. bottle

Showing the different parts of the nipple

Showing how one nipple goes in side the other so the milk will "let down" just like a real breast!

No comments:

Post a Comment