Friday, March 12, 2010

CRAZY TIMES!

I know I said I would try my hardest to keep this updated as often as possible. Well, I have tried what was possible. :) We truly have been so busy that the blog has been neglected. Two weeks ago, Joe and I made an emergency trip to Iowa due to the passing of my great-grandpa. Then, just as we got back, our next COAT training session began which meant I was incredibly swamped!

Our trip back north was great. The circumstances as to why we were there were sad, but it was great to have so much of my family all together. It truly is a party when that crowd gathers. Joe also said that there is something amazing about seeing two 70 something year old men crying over the loss of their father that they JUST NOW lost so late in life.

This trip also meant I got to fly on a plane for the first time! 22 and never been on a plane! I am no longer naïve of the ways of airports! Sleeping all night on the floor of one is not very fun, but it is a bit of an adventure...for one time anyhow.

On the flight back to Florida, I noticed I was having a bit of a sore throat. That sore throat turned into an all out hacking cough with phlegm and complete loss of my voice! All of this may not have been that bad, except that COAT also started that week which meant Abigail and I now had four little girls we were in charge of throughout the day. If I didn't already know that teaching kids was all about adapting and being prepared for changing plans, last week sure would have set me straight. Due to the complete loss of my voice, I was unable to teach any of my lessons. So the kids had a pretty easy first week with lots of play time and a couple of movies. Going outside was an adventure. Only one teacher had her voice so she led the group walking around our block. This meant I followed in the back. We realized that if a kid bolted and I was the one to see it, I would be unable to shout after the child or get Abigail's attention; so I ended up carrying keys as noise makers!

It has been a strange couple of weeks, but I think we are back on track. Most of my time is spent working with the girls going through our training program and only small bits of my day are devoted to my administrative assistant job. These girls are only here until next Tuesday, then I will be back to half Children and Family and half POD. While Joe is still learning some parts of Finance, he is also starting to get his own projects which is making him very happy.

I can't wait to tell you all about my girls! That will be our topic for next week! Until then, God bless and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment